Friday, December 12, 2008

hum...

Hi Friends,
Hope that you are all well.... Those of you who are familiar with our family know about my daughter Hannah, and all her illnesses... recently a friend of ours let Hannah borrow a stuffed penguin.. It is amazing to me how quickly the girls become attached to things. Well Hannah fell in love with the penguin... long story short, they aren't to be found anywhere in the south. Us being in Montgomery, Alabama... no good looking here....
We cave found out the company that makes them, but it is from last year, so they no longer have any, and don't sell to individuals....
Well we found out that they were actually sold at a store called "Pamida Stores" Well I know there are none here, and the nearest one is above Tenn. We are calling every store on the list, not much luck... so I was wondering, if any of you see a sweet little Penguin made by Amimal Adventure, with a blue scarf, and no hat... Please let me know... I would be highly interested in finding one like it... it also had a Lot # 2354 on the bottum tag.... I know this is a long shot, but I also know that if it is important to us then it is important to God.... this is very important to Hannah, it would make her feel so much better, even if just in spirit.
Anyway... on to other things.
We are all feeling much better today. Hannah's immune issues mean a lot of bad days feeling yucky, fever off and on. Today was better, we are praying for a good day tomorrow, being Sat. daddy is off, and we have a few family things planned. The kids want to go look at lights, and then we usually come home to hot cocoa and a movie. We hope that you all are able to taking some quiet time with family and friends this weekend. Enjoy each other, for tomorrow is not promised.
Much love and prayer's,
Lori and girls

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I am not familiar with that store or that kind of penquin, if I see one like it I will let you know. Your evening plans sound great, we have a place here too that has lights and the kids want to drive through--al kidding aside I know my kids love lights- they leave everyone in the house on.

Unknown said...

Oddly enough, I work for Pamida and your Blog came across my email box. I have done some checking and I may have found one of these Penguins in Nebraska. I am having it shipped to me and I would be more than happy to send it your way if you would accept some kindness from a stranger. I am not sure how to contact you via email though so I don't know how to get it to you or verify it is in fact the right Penguin. I'll check back in this area of your Blog to see if you are interested. BC

Loriann said...

Oh my goodness, that would be great! My email is loriann127@yahoo.com
I will try to find a picture of it...
What a blessing that the blog came to you, ....
Thank you even if it isn't, I appreciate the thoughtfulness.