Monday, October 6, 2008

Sarah's favorite feild trip

Hi Everyone,
This is Sarah, I am posting about my favorite History feild trip. This year we have gone to several neat places, we saw Vulcan Park in Birmingham, Vulcan is the god of forge. We saw the church where Rosa and Raymond Parks were married, also we saw the country house where Rosa Parks (Rosa Louise McCauley Parks) grew up, which was her mothers parents farm, in Montgomery County, Alabama, also many other interesting places. I think that my favorite over all has been my greatgrandmother - Moma Morris's farm. It is an old farmhouse that was built in the 1840's. There were two houses, the main house and a slave house. Then after the Cicil War, they built a breazeway connecting the two houses, making them one. There is a water well built into the breazeway. It even has two outhouses on the property. There are several gardens, and fruit vines and trees too. Peach and Pear trees, and lots of muskidine vines and scupponong vines, I like eatting the fruit straight off the vines. I always love visiting there. The house has a covered porch that goes most of the way around the house, I like to sit and watch the clouds go by. The house and land have been in our family since the 1920's. It sits on the riverbanks of the Cossa River. I will try to post some pictures soon. I like being there, and think it is a neat place to visit.
Have a good night,
Love Sarah

1 comment:

Missy said...

Thanks for the descriptions of your field trips! I especially love how you told us about your great-grandmother's farm. I can really get a good picture of what you saw by the words you used!
Have a great rest of the year--God bless!